Without further ado, here are some of the visual highlights of our recent vacation. They are presented in chronological order. Quick itinerary:
- Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area. We felt it just about as visually striking as the Grand Canyon — note the rock climbers in one of the photos.
- Siegfried & Roy’s Secret Garden at the Mirage.
- Terry Fator at the Mirage. Very funny!
- Quick casino play. You can probably tell who won and who didn’t….
- Artifacts of “Mr. Showmanship” at the Liberace Museum. Sadly, while we were there the news was released that the museum, in financial difficulty for some time, is closing its doors for good next month.
- Lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe. Rita had never been to one before.
- The obligatory picture at “the” Welcome to Las Vegas sign at the south end of the Strip.
- Airplane, helicopter, and boat excursion to the West Rim of the Grand Canyon. Included are a nice aerial shot of the Hoover Dam, the equipment on which we traveled, and of course some beautiful views of the Canyon and the Colorado River.
- Exterior and interior pictures at Treasure Island, Luxor, Excalibur, MGM Grand, and New York-New York.
- Fresco in the lobby ceiling at the Venetian, as well as one of the outdoor fountains there, a gondola ride (no, we did not take one ourselves), and Artiste del Arte, part of Streetmosphere.
- Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museum on the Venetian property.
- Pictures with one of the Blue Man Group and their band after the show, also at the Venetian. The one other show we attended, but have no pictures of, was the Cirque du Soleil’s Mystère at TI.
- Views from the observation deck of the Eiffel Tower at Paris Las Vegas.
Enjoy — though the most enjoyable time by far was had by us!